The UK’s National Health Service runs an innovative scheme to empower working clinicians with the technical and business know-how of entrepreneurs from the cutting-edge business world.
The NHS Clinical Entrepreneurs Programme is equipping over 370 clinicians with skills, knowledge and experience from the entrepreneurial world to transform healthcare.
In the age of artificial intelligence (AI), more clinicians than ever before are being trained to use fourth industrial revolution technologies.
Now leading clincians and executives who run the NHS Clinical Entreprenuers programme are coming together to discuss the future of this scheme.
They will meet on day one of AIMed Europe at this session.
The Clinical Entrepreneurs Programme offers clinicians:
- Time for entrepreneurial activity – individual discussions to explore appropriate options such as less than full time training, annualised job planning, time out from clinical duties.
- Mentoring and coaching – from an acclaimed international faculty including commercial, financial, clinical, academic, managerial, third sector and public sector leaders and achievers.
- Entrepreneurial placements/internships – with industry, third sector, social enterprises and public sector organisations with both partner funded and self-funding options.
- Facilitation of relationships with commercial organisations to develop their business and procurement knowledge.
- Education – commercially relevant opportunities including expert webinars, video content, e-learning and flexible university interoperable/recognised accredited modules that can be used towards PGCert, PGDip, Masters and undergraduate/intercollated qualifications for interested students.
- Pit Stop educational events focused on creating successful start-up businesses held throughout the year.
- Bringing together complimentary high value programmes e.g. ENTIQ, NHS Innovation Accelerator, AHSN, Health box, Rock Health, Leo Innovation Labs, Startup Health.
- Funding – signposting, finding, connecting to investment sources.
- Networking events – regional and national events coordinated through AHSN and other organisations
Information from NHS England website.
Now on day one of AIMed Europe, we’ll be taking a closer look at how this programme will transform health for clinicians.
Tuesday September 11th – 14:00
This session will introduce the programme, some of the AI related start-ups, how to fund your AI start-up & what investors want. And it will also look at how we might harness the latest advances in computer vision and autonomous robotic systems to herald a new dawn in surgical practice.
Tony Young, National Clinical Lead for Innovation, NHS England
John Spindler, CEO, Capita Enterprise
Umar Ahmed, NHS Clinical Entrepreneur & co-founder, ABtrace
Dan Stoyanov, Associate Professor, WEISS Centre, UCL Computer Science & Chief Scientist, Digital Surgery
Qaiser Malik, Lead Consultant Radiologist, Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
REGISTER FOR THE SESSION HERE.